Monday 29 January 2007

Close my eyes...

The final word has played the page,

The pen lies flat, now void of rage.

But who should read and who should care,

I close my eyes and rock the chair.


Memories etched on the face in the mirror,

Reflections of pity and sadness,

A handful of secrets, a heart full of pain

Are all that remain of his madness.


A ling life lived, but to what end?

No dearest love, no closest friend.

No heart held out for me to share,

I close my eyes and rock the chair.


Memories tainted by words of regret,

Reflections of moments long passed.

A heart held aloft and a head that is heavy,

His pain remains strong to the last.


Too old in years to make the change,

All ways but one are out of range.

I bind the rope with soul laid bare,

I close my eyes and rock the chair.


His eyes show the pain of a long life half lived,

A tear as he takes his last breath,

Reflecting the pain that he chooses to see

In his heart as he steps towards death.

No comments: